What You Like

Wednesday 5 November 2014

Animation Tips - Camera Angles and Story Boarding

Wanted to share this page from Empire regarding camera angles. I found it really informative when thinking up the story board flow for animations.

THE 30 CAMERA SHOTS EVERY FILM FAN NEEDS TO KNOW

I story board in power point of all things. I find you can pull in resources from almost anywhere, add text, add captions etc etc. You can save as PDF which is handy or print with notes which is also good for rehashing or scripts with visual prompts.

I also found it worked really well with my surface pro as I could sketch in the frames with the stylus (super handy!).

With the Story boards I just reference the camera angles from the 30 Basics and add further detail if required. I think there is probably industry standard short hand but I just invented my own (i.e. LS for Long Shot).

Let me know if you have any story boarding tips or techniques.

No comments:

Post a Comment